transmission noise?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: transmission noise?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:53:14 EDT
My car makes a fairly quiet but rather horrible noise sometimes, like metal
parts touching when they shouldn't or crunching while revolving or something.
I've told myself it was the exhaust, and could be, but I've noticed a couple
things.  It seems only to happen in first gear when the clutch is all the way
engaged.  No other time, but always then.  Any thoughts?  The car doesn't skip
or buck, everything FEELS good but sounds bad.

I'm considering ignoring it along with the variety of other things that would
make you feel like your LBC is on the way out if you didn't put them out of
mind, but also would like to take advantage of the opportunity if something's
loose but not broken yet.

The car is a 75 with the stock four speed.  Last trans oil change everything
looked beautiful.  Sound familiar to anyone?

Mark M.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: