Re: transmission noise?

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: transmission noise?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:49:09 EDT
Dbcooper292@aol.com writes:
> It seems only to happen in first gear when the clutch is all the way
> engaged.  No other time, but always then.  Any thoughts?

Find a mechanic's stethoscope (Harbor Freight has them) and see if you can
locate where the sound is coming from.  I had the experience TWICE of the
flywheel bolts coming loose and causing quite a chatter. Of course the first
time
was because the DPOs dumb mechanic put the clutch disk in backwards.  If the
sound is coming from the bell housing, could be.

--David C.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: