Re: 1275 newbie

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 newbie
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:33:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Cap'n Bob,

Thanks for the info. I've had this tranny in for about 5 years now,
but here in Nawf Ca-alina we don't git much by way of cold weather.
I have never had a sluggish shift into or out of any gear with this
great tranny. And the only thing that needs warming up is
the engine on partial choke for about 5 minutes. And my nose
on those top-down frosty mornings.

chuck

Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

>Chuck...
>
>Your Datsun box will shift a helluvalot
>easier in the winter months using synthetic, though the synchro action
>will
>be a bit compromised. But at least it will
>shift into 2nd from 1st without warming up
>for 30 minutes!! :)
>
>Of course, those of you who live in
>earthquake country don't have to worry
>about this (you're all gonna fall into the
>center of the earth pretty soon, anyway,
>so what the hell!:):)
>

>Cap'n. Bob
>     '60 :{)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: