Re: project cars

To: Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: project cars
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:28:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/2004 1:33:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com writes:

14'  trailers with Electric
brakes, one is enclosed, and one is a dumping  trailer. Im thinking about
having a welding buddy of mine make something on  the dumping trailer so
they can be stacked. And I can pull them home in one  trip. I just talked
to the trailer manufacturer and he said that the sides  would indeed hold
the weight of a Spridget no problems.

My only real  problem is getting the cap UP there :-)

Has any one of you all ever  attempted this? Stacking 2 spridgets?

Any one have any other Brilliant  ideas?

.

I'm glad you asked that question, being brilliant and all..at least I've
never lost my balls in a carburetor...yet.

How about you go a few hours early, strip the 71 and stack the parts in the
dump trailer around the bugeye, then slide the tub of the 71 on the back of
the  trailer.  The Frogeye should only be about 9 feet something long, less if
you pull the bonnet, and the tub may stick out a foot or two off the rear, but
 chain everything up nicely and come on home.  You are pulling it with a
pick up, no?  The bonnets, and 71 front clip can go in the PU bed.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, take a bunch of old carpet scraps for padding  and
put them in the trailer on their sides.  I'd pull the wheels and  engines and
trans first, but they should fit this way.

Take lots of straps, ropes, chains and come alongs, and some bribery money
for help in loading.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

I don't feel  we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There
were great  numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were
selfishly trying to  keep it for themselves._ John  Wayne_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnwayne104005.html)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: