SU carb needles

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU carb needles
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:08:13 -0500
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, Racerbob70@yahoo.com, MG@sgi.com
This may be a very wierd request.

I'll bet somebody out there has accumulated a jar full of carb jet needles
over the years.
I'm trying to work out my jetting after some carb work was completed, and
can't seem to get it right. Get things sounding pretty good in the low
middle ranges, but once I get to 4000 rpm or so, I start getting scarey high
exhaust gas temps, suggesting a too-lean mixture once the breathing starts.

I'd like to try several different needles that are richer in the middle and
high rpm range than the # H6 and # AF needles that I have.

If you have some that I can "trial-n-error", I will return them or buy the
ones I want, your choice.

Carbs are 1 1/4 on a 1275 Midget (I guess that's HS2's) with .090" jets, the
usual Vizard dremmel tool prepping, thru-bore intake manifold, and
stubstacks.

I looked at the WinSU needle selection software and would like to try out
#5, 6 and 7, but am open to other profiles in that ball park.

If Daniel S. (or other really knowledgeable Spridgeteer) is out there, I am
more than open to suggestions for what to try.

Thanks in advance.....and let's see what pops up!

JohnD

Check out the new British Cars Forum: