Steering column lock

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering column lock
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:23:15 -0400 (EDT)
I just picked up a 73 Midget yesterday. The PO had no ignition key, but
had a door key made. It didn't even go in the ignition hole, maybe because
it looks a bit buggered up anyway. My problem, other than the obvious
missing key - the wheels aren't straight and the column is locked.  This
makes trailer removal more of a challenge.
I have the Bentley manual, and many others, but haven't found out how to
remove this assembly and unlock the column yet.  Can anyone help? TIA

Dick B. in NH
66 Sprite running
74 Midget waiting

Check out the new British Cars Forum: