Re: Painting Advice

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Painting Advice
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:45:55 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi.
You can get a decent gun at your local autobody store, I just picked up a cheap
Astro Pneumatic at my local store for $75.00 to use for spraying polyester
primers.
Sharpe makes a Finex that seems pretty popular these days, you can get them on
ebay anywhere from 60-80 dollars. Sharpe also has a T1-cg compliant gun for
around 200.00 that has gotten very good reviews. Devilbiss has the Finishline
III for around 130-150 that is also popular. I've had Devilbiss OMX for seven
years now, which is no longer produced, but still sprays nice.
Personally I would stay away from the cheap knockoffs for anything but primer,
but you don't need to spend a fortune either. As with everything else these
days there is way too much to choose from.

Hope this helps,
John

> In a message dated 11/1/2004 10:31:52 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> duncan@pondhop.com writes:
>
> Well I just got an HVLP gun and used it for the first time last weekend. So
> much better than the traditional High Pressure gun, I used about 1/4 of the
> paint to do the same job and because of the lower pressure way less dust
> gets stirred up in the garage. I highly recommend this and I plan to do the
> sandable primer and Base/Clear the same way.
>
> Duncan
>

> .
> So does Harbor Freight have an HVLP gun, or do I have to buy a good one?

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.