Re: engine ground

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: engine ground
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:41:26 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil Nase wrote:

> I have a new complete wiring harness but I ordered it for the 948 BE.
> Do I need a different harness for the 1275.  I only know of one
> difference so far and that is this car has an electric rear brake light
> switch at the dual circuit mc.

Phil

Instead of cutting the new harness for the brake light switch, run a 2
wire loop from the new harness switch BACK to the pedal box.
Run it under the heater where the high beam sub harness runs, no one
will know.
If you have an electric fuel pump, just run a new wire from the key back
to the fuel pump. connect to to the white wire on the key switch and run
it along with the rear lamp sub harness.

For future ease of repairs, use a white wire for the fuel pump and cut
out some green and green/purple for the brake light switch mod.
Keep the color codes the same, you will be glad you did, or the next
owner will for sure ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ