RE: 3/4 inch bore MC's for disc brake conversion.

To: <Miniac7@aol.com>
Subject: RE: 3/4 inch bore MC's for disc brake conversion.
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:29:16 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
It is well worth replacing the rear brakes along with the front discs.  If
you don't have the later 1/4 elliptic rear end you will have to grind a
little on the brake drums so they won't rub the backing plate if you are
using an early rear end.  I don't see any problem with the original master
as long as you use a good fluid (LMA) and bleed the brakes regularly.
                Crash

I'll be doing the 1275 and disc brake conversion within the next year, but
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go with the original master with a re-bore,
or
if I'm going to convert to the later twin cylinder master. I'm leaning
towards
staying with the original look.

I have the entire brake system off a 74 Midget and am looking for the
opinions of fellow listers on this. The car will be used for street use
only. Is it
worth also swapping out the rear brakes and master while converting the
front
to discs?

Howard Collins