this temp guage climbed mt washington

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: this temp guage climbed mt washington
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:57:15 EST
I realize spridget cooling systems aren't tops, and I've made some mods to
mine, to where it's usually quite fine even in the heat.  The one thing that
surprises me though is how fast the temp climbs when I do.  It's like my temp
guage is a super sensitive altimeter or something.  Up a hill, temp goes up.
Over
the crest down she goes. I guess my question is does this happen to everyone,
or might it indicate another problem and the temp is the symptom?  I know
going uphill is work, but it's surprising to me when I'm going 50 mph and it's
50
degrees and my car's running around 170 and I go up a hill on the open road
that I maybe have to go to 1/4 throttle for that it heats up so much and so
fast.  I guess the things I thought of were maybe a lean spot in the
carburetion
or too much advance?  Thoughts?

Mark M.