Re: CA registration

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CA registration
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:39:18 EST
In a message dated 11/29/04 12:13:24 PM, hobbycars@cox.net writes:

> Thanks to all who replied on and off-list... As my Bugeye was registered in
> the 1970s with blue plates, it seems I cannot get black plates on that car -
> so I will pay the fee and get the blue plates replaced!

I am wondering if having the blue plates replaced is preferable to getting
new plates in the current style.   The blue plates weren't original on ANY
bugeye (although you can argue that the black background plates weren't
either).
More importantly, though, is that the current plates can be re-registered with
vanity plates or (God Forbid) Handicapped plates.   They also have a full
reflective background that can't be anything but good for a car as small as a
bugeye.

Looks like we are slowly being forced into a horseless carriage registration.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"