Weber choice

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Weber choice
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:25:25 -0500
Cc: KrkLH@cs.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David Riker wrote:

> There are two different weber setups for a-series spridgets, down draft,
> and side draft.  I have not tried the down draft.

I have tried both the down and side draughts.
The down draft does NOT perform well on the A series engine due to only
having 2 intake ports. This carb does work very well on the 1500 with 4
intake ports and not doing any bench flow testing personally, this must
be the reason.
It works fine like David said but why spend $500 bucks for no noticable
performance improvment?
The side draft on the other hand is a bolt on major performance enhancer :)
Yes it can be a bear to set up initially but once you have it the way
you like it, you forget about.
Mine did give me a bit of a headache this summer but I had a fuel hose
abrasion and I think the rubber dust ended up in the carb. After a good
disassembly and cleaning, it works fine. (well it will now that I know
what I installed backwards thanks to Kevin)
I have had mine at least 10 years now and I love it.
I have tried the 1.75 SU set up and was not impressed.
I bought a new down draft set up and promtly gave it to a buddy with a
BMW. I did the Vizard trick to a set of 1.25 SUs and that helped but
nothing compares to the 45 DCOE.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ