Re: [midgetsprite] Too good to be true?

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Too good to be true?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:13:01 -0800 filter01.roc.ny.frontiernet.net
> Could someone steal a ebay ID and use the good feedback to run a  scam?

Y E S !!!!  My account was hacked into about two years ago.  Somebody
attempted to sell a motorcycle using my eBay ID.  It did not show up on My
eBay as an item that I was selling.

Fortunately, the buyer got suspicious and phoned when the payment was to be
wired to TX, when the motorcycle was supposedly in OR.  All e-mail from the
account that I had registered at eBay was sent to the scammer.  We had the
police in three states involved, and I still don't know if they ever caught
her.

Kate