At last!!!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: At last!!!
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:43:10 -0800
Hey guys,

A few of you know I have been working on a nut and bolt restoration
of a '68 Sprite since 1998. Various complications became huge
obstacles in making progress with the car the last few years.
Everything was done except for the final paint work, but that was
finally accomplished this week and I got the car back yesterday.The
paint job is absolutely stunning!!

Many of you will think I'm nuts doing a nut and bolt restoration on a
'68, but this was a car that had not seen the road since 1973 and had
absolutely no rust anywhere. It had been stripped by others over the
years for other projects (i.e. building  a 1275 Bugeye) and only the
body and glass remained. I managed to round up and rebuild (or buy
new) EVERYTHING for the car. I stripped the car to bare metal inside
and out and I did the body work myself. I can say it is absolutely
perfect (and so does every body shop guy that's seen it)

I will spend the next couple weeks assembling it and trying to decide
if I can bear selling it. Pictures will be taken and posted soon.
There are progress photos here for now.

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/Sprite_Collection/MKIV_Collection.htm

I can't believe it's actually in my garage... with paint on it!

A special thanks goes out to Bill Hunt for generously providing me
storage for the last couple years. Without his help, I don't know
where this car would have ended up, but it would not have been good.

Ecstatically yours,

Gerard
--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm