RE: OT: trucks!

To: "'Jacques Le Clainche'" <hobbycars@cox.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OT: trucks!
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:33:19 -0600
JLC,

Diesel is my choice.

I find far too many folks driving under powered or under braked tow
vehicles.

If you want an automatic, the only one that holds up to the torque and
towing is the Chevy with the Allison automatic. I had a Dodge with the
automatic, and it puked at just under 100,000 miles (like many others I
know.)

I now have a 1 ton Dodge dually with 6 speed manual with the Cummins diesel.
The big rap on the Cummins was they were noisy, but the latest generation is
very quiet. I prefer the Dodge Cummins straight 6 to the Chevy and the Ford
v8 configs. I like the torque, and the 6 actually has many less moving parts
than the 8's.

WST