Re: What Am I Missing?

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: What Am I Missing?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:49:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Charles Christ wrote:
> OMG!   my bugeye issigned by bic, daniel s., john and mr.coker.....well
> what's that gonna be worth?   let alone frank's car!  *wink-wing*

Uh, I sold my Sprite with all the signatures.
And worse yet, I repainted it before I sold it.
No more signatures. But they were MY signatures, not the new owner's
So I did what I had to do.
I still have my signed copy of Spritely years, all 3 volumns of Tuning
Sprites and Midgets by Daniel, and my copy of More Healeys signed ny
Geoff, Bic, Margo, Roger, and a few others.
Let it also be known that my Bugeye was the first CAR Geoff Healey ever
signed. That was in August of 92, he died before SpriteRush 93.
I do not know how many cars he signed in his last few months.
So my Sprite was probably worth a lot more with his signature.
BUT, like I said, it was MY signature on MY car, not the new owners.
I had many sleepless nights debating what to do about those signatures
on my Sprite knowing I was going to sell it.
I did sport those signatures for 12 years.
I was fortunate to spend a good 45 minutes with Geoff one on one.
I learned alot from the man. And he also tapped me on the head and made
me an "Authorized" Austin Healey service man :)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ