1275 Engine Rebuild Questions

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 Engine Rebuild Questions
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:54:25 -0600 reply-type=original
Greetings,

I'm in the middle of the tear-down phase on my 1275 that I recently pulled
out of my Sprite, and I have a couple of questions:

There were no lock washers or lock tabs of any kind on the main bearing caps
or the rod bearing caps.  Is this normal?

I notice in looking in the Moss catalog that the thermostat housing appears
to have originally been held to the head with studs and nuts.  Mine was
fastened with bolts.  I planned to replace the bolts anyway... Is there any
advantage to the stud/nut configuration (same thing with the heater valve).

Hmmm... that's all for now - More to follow.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L
1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250