[Fwd: Re: Is this normal??]

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Is this normal??]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:50:51 +0000
Lester,

Does the vibration come from the front of the car? I have experienced a
vibration and clunking noise that came from loose bolts that holds the rotor to
the hub! They are the black, strength rated bolts that sit down in
countersinks... I forget what they are supposed to be torqued to but it was a
bunch! If they loosen up, the wheel's rotation causes them to shift and clunk
at low speeds and to vibrate like the dickens at higher speeds.

Kent
1960 Bugeye

hmm..  now that I think of it there was a rear one and that would sure
explain lots of noises and also this weird vibration at around 4
grand.. are cheap Chinese Autozone parts ok for this??

Lester