Stirling Moss coming to Madison WI

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stirling Moss coming to Madison WI
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:54:14 -0600 reply-type=original
Fellow gear-heads,

Our local Madison (WI) Sports Car Club is celebrating our 50th anniversary
by inviting Sir Stirling Moss for a dinner presentation in Madison January
29, 2005. I would like to cordially invite all the British car enthusiasts
in the
Midwest to join us for a memorable evening with other aficionados. (This is
not a purely magnanimous gesture, as it turned out to be a costly
enterprise.)

Stirling Moss is one of the most versatile drivers in history, competing and
winning not only in Formula One, Two and Three, but in hillclimbs, sports
and touring car races, rallies and world speed record events. His recent
fifth back surgery has made travel more difficult and his public appearances
increasingly rare.

The banquet will be at the Monona Terrace Convention Center, a Frank Lloyd
Wright designed facility on Lake Monona with attached Hilton hotel. If you
are interested please visit  www.madisonsportscarclub.com or drop me a line.

Apologies in advance for those more distant and/or not interested.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!
Gary Schneider, MSCC President
EP TR4 & VH Mini Cooper S (wife's)