It ain't Chinese; it ain't M*$$; and it still ain't right

To: <SpridgetAssn@justbrits.com>, "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It ain't Chinese; it ain't M*$$; and it still ain't right
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:56:05 -0500
Crankshaft for the Perkins diesel I'm fighting with:

1. Not machined correctly for  thrust washers
2. Counter weight bolt holes not deep enough
3. Front end has "spacer" machined into it with no instructions or notices to
that effect.....now the whole durn thing has to come apart....again.

And it's made in TURKEY!!!!!

On the other hand, it was only $300 and if I had to pay the $800 for the
'merican one, the tractor would have been pushed over the hill and abandoned.

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit
'72 Innocenti Mini
'64 Massey Ferguson MF 35 diesel