Re: Garage Projects

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Garage Projects
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:49:23 -0600
my ex worked for a paint company, they took raw material in with
metric measurement and output their product in gallons.  When dealing
with tons and tonnes, (puns are neat), of chemicals, silly mistakes
are costly!

> Here in the colonies resistance to changing over the the metric system is
> still great.  Some things have changed, but many have not.  All cars built
> here in the last 20+ years use metric fasteners, but the fuel tanks are
> filled with gallons of gas and oil is added by the quart.  Tires are
> inflated to PSI.  Food products are sold by the pound or ounce or gallon,
> but the containers also have the metric measurement listed.  The weatherman
> tells me the temperature today will get to 35 degrees F and the speed limit
> sign on the highway lists miles per hour.  The medical field uses the metric
> system for the most part.  I'm reasonably sure that Frank Clarici still
> measures his lumber in inches and feet and uses ten penny nails.  It's kind
> of a mish-mash of both systems.
> --
we all want to be somebody
right now were just looking for the exit
this is the way i would have done things
up against the wall
you've got me up against your wall

it's you and me on a monday
the lies that we told