Re: RE: January in Scotland (no lbc) long*

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: RE: January in Scotland (no lbc) long*
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:53:46 -0500
Exactly right Guy.  When they restock it will be at the current price and
then they can sell it at that price.  If the price falls they most likely
won't reduce their price unless the market forces them to.  I've had it
happen to me too many times.  Most retailers play this game and enjoy the
extra bump in profit realized from selling old stock at new prices.

An example - a couple of years ago I had the flooring replaced in part of my
house.  I had to buy some OSB board.  OSB is the crappiest kind of wood
sheeting product available IMHO.  It's made from wood scraps glued together.
A hurricane had hit Florida a week earlier and the demand for OSB was
expected to increase.  The local lumber suppliers all raised their prices
400% in *anticipation* of the increase in demand.  And two years later the
price is still high.

Rick