Re: Street legal "bits" for Bugeye

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Street legal "bits" for Bugeye
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:08:07 -0500 reply-type=original
Yes, a part of my head sticks above the screen.  However, the air flow is so
much more smooth that you feel less buffeting than if i was using the full
original windscreen.

Give Brooklands a try.  You may find you prefer it.  I sure do.  I think
seeing someone wearing a helmet in a street car, especially an open street
car, would be ridiculously funny ;^)).  I would like to see that just for a
good giggle.  I am sure the other drivers on the road would be looking for
the men in white lab coats to come and get em'.

I agree that we are definitely in different areas with probably much less
traffic where I am.  That may very well be a determining factor for you.  As
far as legality here in the southeast, a vintage vehicle running vintage
plates does not need an inspection sticker and if you sort of behave
yourself where police hang out, there should be no problem running
Brooklands.  I am not sure about So Cal where you are.  The next time that
you see a Caterham or Lotus Seven with brooklands, stop and ask them how
they get buy with it.  Only don't mess with the ones wearing helmets, their
elevator may not go clear to the top floor ;^)).

Mike C

You may