Re: Disk brake conversion

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disk brake conversion
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:29:21 -0600 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> 1. mix-up. All the cars had drums at the
> rear. There were no discs at the rear on
> factory cars, year notwithstanding.
>
> 2. so I shall ass-m-me you mean converting
> the front drums to the later front discs.
> Buy the entire kit. Many changes from
> front drums to front discs.

You were not reading closely enough, Cap'n The question was whether it was
worth the effort to update the original rear drums to the later rear drums
as long as he was doing the disk conversion. IIRC, the early rear brakes
used a sliding slave cylinder similar to the front drums on those cars.
IMHO, I would make the change to the dual-action slave cylinder asl long as
I was at it.
David Lieb