RE: 1993 Jag XJ6 opinions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1993 Jag XJ6 opinions
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:06:20 -0600
I'll have to chime in on this one, owning an older XJ6 myself.

A few others made remarks about them being costly to maintain, but I
certainly haven't find them to be that way, at least not for the older ones.
Some of the parts are slightly more expensive than for the midget, but not
much.  The simplicity of the pre-fuel injected ones mean even the electrics
aren't bad.  Parts are readily available, and you can even get parts at the
local Jaguar dealership (provided you're willing to be patient and pay
more).

My XJ6 cost less to buy than my midget, but did need a paint job.  Gas
mileage is less, but it does have a tad more room inside.

If considering buying, like a midget, if it has major rust be prepared to
tuck-in for an expensive repair job.  I wouldn't be scared off by an XJ6's
based on high maintenance costs.

Bob
'72 XJ6 '75 Midget '65 MGB '69 E