carburetter oil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: carburetter oil
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:05:00 EST
I just copped an owners manual for my 61 Midget from ebay. Heres what it
says about carb oil."The damper reservoir must be topped up periodically with
thin engine oil.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD HEAVY-BODIED LUBRICANT BE USED.
Unscrew the damper cap,withdraw the damper,and top the reservoir until the oil
level is 1/2 in below the top of the hollow piston rod.I've always used 3in1
oil  myself. One thing I did learn from the manual is that the fuel pump has a
 priming lever on the side.Had that car for years,never noticed that.  Patrick