Re: Tranny and starter problem

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <cyrille@hp.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny and starter problem
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:17:35 -0800
Hi Robert,

There is a small ridge around the perimeter of most flywheels,  A matching
groove on the ring gear fits there.  If you attempt tp remove the ring gear
without splitting it, the edge of the flywheel usually gets chipped.

I know this as I frequently get flywheel cores back with this type of
damage.  They become scrap!

Paul A