Re: Was: FASPEC Now: colon cancer

To: ckotting@wideopenwest.com, gjbranch@comcast.net, KrkLH@cs.com, John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was: FASPEC Now: colon cancer
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:35:24 EST
Cc: spridgets-owner@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/2/2005 2:01:35 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ckotting@wideopenwest.com writes:

If  you're looking at the lower colon, it's a sygmoidoscopy (since it looks
only at the sygmoid portion of the colon).  The preferred procedure  now is a
colonoscopy, which covers the entire colon.

I may be wrong, but I think our Dr. can do the former in his office, with a
scope sort of gismo, but the latter, the one I had, requires a visit to the
endoscopy center, and is done with the buttcam.

Robert B.  Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03  Beetle

... Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention  of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid  in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming --  WOW-- What a Ride!"

-Marcel Proust