Re: Question on overheating

To: robertduquette@sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on overheating
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:01:05 EST
My little Hayden ten inch even as a pusher has been working fine for cooling
the engine; however, with that said, I often have to hit the manual switch
under the dash as opposed to waiting for the thing to kick in by itself.

I am buying an inline hose placement for the switch from an aluminum radiator
company that was introduced to me via the Spridgets list.
Should allow the thing to kick on a bit earlier.

email at:  mcculloch@alumrad.com

38 bucks for the part.  They locate it on the return pipe.

I was also thinking of tapping a threaded hole into the thermostat housing
and sinking the probe in by way of drilling out the bolt that wuld be threaded
into the tapped hole on my drill press with a tight fit and covered in JB Weld.

Anyone think this would be a crazy idea?

Kirk
59 Bugeye