Re: Question on overheating

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Question on overheating
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:03:03 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Hi Jim,

Lots of thing can cause the engine to over heat while setting at the stop
lights.

My GT6 had this problem too.  You can have you radiator cleaned out, that
always helps.

I run a cross flow radiator on my 1275 bug-i.  They come off of a later
spridget.

The timing is another thing that can make you only over heat at stop lights.
Too far advanced will make it heat up when sitting still.  The thermostat can
be bad this can cause it too, although normally this happens under load on the
freeway.

Low fluid level can also cause it.

Hope this helps.

ww Ricky