RE: Darn Points

To: "'Mike Aarset'" <mike.aarset@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Darn Points
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:45:30 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I like Blue Streak points, by Standard.  LU1617XP I think.  You will have to
call around to see who carries them, CARQUEST rings a bell.  Did you know
all the "original" Lucas stuff is now made in India by ACE?
                Crash

Today I was driving my bugeye and then it started losing
power. The motor would not rev up cleanly like it had a governor.

I pop up dizzy cap and my points where overlapped. Where the wood part
of the points that goes over the pivot point had worked up.
I pushed the points down and made it half a block and they worked up again.

It's like there should be a cir clip there to keep the points from
doing that right?

I got my points from Moss Motors. I think they were Lucas.
Is there better points out there?

Mike