RE: buying gasoline

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>,"'tom strange'" <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>,"'Larry Young'" <cartravel@pobox.com>, vintage.racer@comcast.net
Subject: RE: buying gasoline
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:00:36 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
The real hubub is probably yet to come. It really does only cost about a
buck to produce a barrel of oil in Iraq. That's a huge amount of energy for
not much money. But average consumption is going to surpass average feasible
production soon. We've never been in that condition--production has always
been artificially controlled to manage price.  I'm not sure what that will
do to market price in the short term because more expensive sources come on
line in reaction to the market price. But I suspect we'll see very expensive
gas in the future. More like six to ten bucks a gallon. How soon--don't
know.

Realistically the best any of us little players can do is enjoy life as it
is today, which is damned good advice anytime.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins