Brake Question-No Clue

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Question-No Clue
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:23:48 -0400
Pete/List,
   Thanks for replying. It was a new Moss hose, but I suppose a bad R hose is
possible. No apparent leak at the hose--though that doesn`t mean anything. My
buddy thinks it may be the T union because it was sweating very slightly like
that RR banjo that looked good but wouldn`t stop seeping no matter how much we
cranked it down.I think the banjo fault was that the old bleeder was corroded
into it and took enough brass out of the threads with it to seep. If we`re
doing the process of elimination thing, the hose is sure a lot cheaper than
the T. I don`t think the seeping was enough to cause the problem.
    As I said, using the clamp method, the trouble does seem isolated at the
R; although I`m not certain tha the obvious is the culprit. We (Buddy, not
me!) were able to drive the car and lock the brakes, just soft 1/2 pedal that
has to pump up to work.
    Symptom is typical MC. The MC is an exchange Apple rebuild. Because of a
strange problem with the first MC they sent us and the List chatter on
erroneous 3/4 bores in 7/8 systems, we looked inside. Slightly (.890) over
bore, I suppose to accommodate the aftermarket pistons. All parts look new and
in the proper place. No apparent flaws. No leaks at the MC No apparent kinks
or rough bends in the steel pipes, either.
     I`ll suggest George try the hose first...Is it possible the one
aftermarket WC would not leak, yet still be bad and cause this? Any thoughts
on the MC?

Bert.