RE: Re[2]: Brake Question-No Clue

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Brake Question-No Clue
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:10:17 -0400
apple has a less than stellar reputation when it comes tobrake work and
lever shocks.   it's pretty much a crap shoot if ya get something back that
works well or not let alone discussing longevity.
all the gripes having been shared, i'd seriously look into a system leak in
the rear axle area because if it makes pressure up front, it should make
pressure to the rear as it is not a dual outlet dual piston (in 1 bore)
type master cylinder.   what's the chance the rear cylinders are not
sealing, copper sealing washers at rear not sealed, yet another loose union
somewhere, or an improper seating bleeder ?   the steel bleereds in the
brass blocks at rear cylinders are frequent problems as the bleeders can at
times corrode and the contact area in the seat between the bleeder and the
seat can leak.
try those and chase down the lack of seal .    another cheater method is to
open the farthest rear bleeder in the system and put low pressure into the
master cylinder's reaivour.   force fluid through the system , and then try
to bleed it out .  it will either find your leak or it will lpurge a
possible high spot that is impossible to overcome in some brit. cars
hydraulics systems.

chuck.