YELLOW control arms: What's the deal?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: YELLOW control arms: What's the deal?
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:04:50 -0500
OK, so I'm getting some of the steering stuff in order now. Thanks for the
comments and ideas for oiling the rack, still unsure how much to put in; when
do I stop? Do I even attempt to remove the old stuff?
And WHY oh why were my control arms (the short arms that bolt to the steering
knuckle) painted yellow? I asked Biff to check out Ol Grey for me, he says
they're black on his. Doesn't make sense, who would paint the control arms
yellow and why? Almost has to be stock, but not that way on what I'd consider
a real benchmark source. Any insight? I did take a few digital pictures of
them. Unsure where to post them or if anyone would care to see anyways......
Dan