GM alternator troubleshooting

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM alternator troubleshooting
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:41:23 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Hi all!

I just got my GM alternator conversion wired up, as well as a new
flamethrower coil.  I started the car and noticed that my voltmeter
pegged above 16 volts. The alternator screeched at any rpm above 1000
rpm, and it got extremely hot to the touch. Did I fry something?

On the plus side, with the new coil and alternator, and rebuilt carbs,
the car runs a hell of a lot better now. :)

TIA

Chris
Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/