Re: Some thoughts \ ?'s that I wanted to pass along re. the pull of a 12

To: KrkLH@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some thoughts \ ?'s that I wanted to pass along re. the pull of a 1275.
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:23:00 EDT
Engine torque to weight ratio = acceleration/stump pulling.

Gears are torque multipliers.  Lower gearing, low diff ratio greater torque
mulitiplying.

2 valve combustion chamber heads produce more torque than 4 valve combustion
heads.  So all those 1400cc K-series Spridget owners over here stir the
gearbox a lot for the sake of high rpm bhp which doesn't get them that much
faster
because of the aerodynamics of the car.

Daniel1312