Electrical problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical problem
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 06:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
I've got an electrical problem I need help with: 2
weeks ago on a Sunday drive my pulley on the generator
came apart. I pulled the belt and drove 1 mile home. I
installed a new pulley, but in the weekend
installation process, left the key on and drained the
battery. I charged the battery, but in trying time and
again to start the car, my poor old worn out starter
gave up the ghost. I installed a new starter 2 days
ago - it spins my little 948 like a blender - but I
have no spark to plugs -- *&%$#@. All appears OK in
the distributor. I have new cap, rotor, coil, voltage
reg, wires, plugs. Where and how can I check for the
problem in the high voltage? Is this chain of events
related to my high voltage problem or coincidental?

Joe Lansing
1962 MK II

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide