Re: G Tech Report

To: <Mjsprite@aol.com>
Subject: Re: G Tech Report
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:49:37 -0700 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,

Be sure it's absolutely level, recheck the procedure manual, and see if the
numbers are reproducible.  I got a lower number than I would have expected,
but it was consistent.  When I made changes to the timing I could easily see
differences in the HP output.  I think that its best use is as a relative HP
measurement.  Probably not what a chassis dyno would tell you, but a number
that can be of use for relative comparison.  Since it computes HP based on
how quickly you change the velocity of an object of known weight, be sure
you push strongly into your cam range before shifting.

I'd be surprised if your retest numbers are the same.  I got about 85 for a
turbocharged 1275 with the works, where I expected about 115.  The main
thing is, it was consistent over three different test days with minor
variations for timing changes..  Try it again very carefully and see what
happens.

Glen Byrns