RE: G Tech Report

To: <Mjsprite@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[8EA343E0:01C5443F] j3IHqe70028612
Subject: RE: G Tech Report
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:53:39 -0600
Hello,

The weight look ok, so I do not think that this is the problem, to be
honest, they might not even be a problem.

Remember, that HP are usually given at the flywheel, however, the G-tech
mesure HP that are produced at the back weel, in real life scenario!
So, if you put on the traditional 30% power lost to the drive train you
get 48HP, which is already much better.
Then, remember that HP varies considerably depending on the humidity and
temperature outside (hot and humid = super bad, cold and dry = super
good, I did my tests in the morning, in the Idaho desert :-) this can
add another 15~20% of variation! 48+20%= 57!
Now, if you add to that the fact that your standard test is done in a
static environment (ie: your car does not move), while the G-tech gives
you a number while driving and generating lift/perturbation, you might
be able to add a couple more % due to that in order to compare with your
normal HP information...

I got 45HP in my conditions with a 1500 with a webber....

Ok, they might also be something wrong with the engine tunning... best
time for you to be able to play with it!

Regards, cyrille

Is this some sort of cruel April Fool's joke? Ok, got a 1380, balanced
and
blueprinted. Knifed crank. VP-7 cam. Oversized anti-reversion valves.
Omega
pistons. 9.8 to 1 compression. Roller rockers. Heads ported per Vizard.
Intake
per Vizard. SU carbs per Vizard. MSD ignition and coil. Headers. Dizzy
advance
 calibrated. VP 101 fuel. Took her for a ride tonight. Very light wind,
ambient  temp 65 degrees. And I got 37 horsepower? Hell, lawn tractors
have more than  that. Quarter-mile stats were 19.49 secs at 69.7 mph.
Car seems to run
strong,  can beat most anyone off the line. The only questionable
variable was
car  weight. I dialed in curb weight plus my paltry weight. Total was
1715 lbs.
What  gives?
Embarassed Mike.