Swaying Sprite

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Swaying Sprite
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:37:40 -0400
OK folks, I need some advice.

For the past year my low mileage unrestored MKII Sprite (948) has had a
horrible swaying problem.  Last year it nearly cost my son and I our lives.
Even at the slowest of speeds any left and right movement of the steering wheel
causes the front end to sway horribly.  I replaced the bushing with poly...and
installed an anti sway bar (thanks Frank).  These resulted in minimal
improvement.
1.  The car does not bounce up and down over bumps
2.  The tires are Yokohama 180/155's

Questions:  The shocks have never been rebuilt - is this causing the problem or
do I need larger tires...or both.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Had
it out on the highway today and I won't drive it like that anymore until I can
correct the problem.

George Marinos
HAN6 MKII
Glen Rock, NJ