Re: Miata Lore and more Re: Lucas kiss my $$

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata Lore and more Re: Lucas kiss my $$
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:57:46 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> Nothing, really.  When they designed the car, they
> designed it around a Japanese phrase, something like
> "Kansei", I don't remember exactly, but it means,
> roughly, "oneness between horse and rider".

You seem to be contradicting yourself, Hopper. Yes, that is the meaning
(although I have never felt at one with an actual horse). It was NOT
invented by Mazda, it already existed in 1980 as the name of a bicycle (they
spelled it "Miyada" because no two people transliterate Japanese the same
way).
David Lieb
Taking his 1972 Midget to the Windy City Miata Club Autocross tomorrow