Re: Miata Lore and more Re: Lucas kiss my $$

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata Lore and more Re: Lucas kiss my $$
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> You seem to be contradicting yourself, Hopper. Yes,
> that is the meaning
> (although I have never felt at one with an actual
> horse). It was NOT
> invented by Mazda,

The "Kansei" thing was what I was saying meant
"oneness".  The word(?) "Miata" is not related to
that.  I did a search on Kansei, and found the
following  - Kansei was the "paradigm" that led them
to the horse-rider deal (the horse-rider thing
translated is "Jinba Ittai", or, as Frank said, "MGB"
;-).

+++++
To convert the subtle imagery of Jinba Ittai into
nuts-and-bolts reality with a body shell, a
drivetrain, and chassis components, Takao Kijima
wielded a tool called Kansei Engineering.

Like Jinba Ittai, Kansei is difficult to translate
into Western terms. Thoughtful awareness and
heightened sensitivity are the expressions that come
closest to defining Kansei. Its the realization that
the fitness of every constituent part underlies the
goodness of the whole, that the aforementioned synergy
between driver and car can be honed so that it can be
felt by anyone who experiences the vehicle in motion.
Another Kansei canon is that every aspect of design,
mechanical function, and dynamic response ultimately
contribute to driving satisfaction.

So, with Jinba Ittai as the point of origin and Kansei
Engineering as the navigation tool, Takao Kijima and
his dedicated designers and engineers created an
all-new Mazda MX-5 .....
++++++

Ron Soave

When opportunity knocks, don't bitch about the noise.