Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:13:26 GMT j3PDDa9g004020
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I see and understand your point, Lester.

But within 5 years, some of those 16 year
olds will be toting an M-16, driving a tank,
flying F-18's/F-22's (some off aircraft carriers...some of them girls, too!:).
I had
Sprites and MGA's as a kid. Totaled a couple, too (but lucky, obviously!!:).

Young adults ("kids") feel like we did when
we were their age....indistructable. And thank God they feel that way and "know
no better" on the one hand....while it's
sorta sad on the other.....'cause we love
'em. I do, anyway. Worked with a whole
bunch of young (early 20's) up and coming
airline captains-to-be. Positively great
"kids"....and especially the girls..... independent, self-sustaining, gutsy
chicks!! :):)

And while I understand your thinking and
point, we're all on borrowed time from the
moment we enter this reality. By the same
token, erring on the side of "caution" is
expected of the more mature adult....and
most especially someone with your experience level "in the field" so to speak!
:)

Safety is a relative sorta thing anyway.
as I am sure you know. But.....
there is no doubt in my mind that today's
modern, more "crashworthy"
motor vehicle...when driven by the mature
adult (see above:)....is a helluvalot more safe
(in and of itself) then the cars I was lucky
enough to grow up with (ahhhh....the smell
of leaded and CAM2 in the morning.....
beautiful! Where's my coffee and cigarette?:)

Cap'n Bob
"Unsafe at any speed" '60 :{)