Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:56:25 GMT j3PEuaS7007280
Funny, David...

......but you're right about those front frame
rails....

......both the MGA's and the one MGB
I totalled were head-on types of crashi.

The first into a low stone wall...totally my
own fault, BTW. "Rat-racing" with 3 other
guys. I was unlucky enough to hit sand
on an "up-and-over" right-hander. Slid
right into a guy's driveway and adjoining
low stone wall bordering the other side
of same. Real "sudden stop" type of event. Goodbye front end, hello broken
beak! No
seatbelt...."girlyman" upgrade anyway! :)

The second I broad-sided a jerko coming
the other way in a station wagon making
a left turn across my path and who's
depth perception (his glasses notwithstanding) left a little something to
be desired! I turned toward his tail as he
came across my lane (so as not to impact
him at a 90 degree angle and thus avoid
to the extent possible that "sudden stop"
which deeply offends the human bod) and
here again, that RH frame rail took the
beating....got paid for this one!:).

My second "A" had seatbelts. But I was
19 and thus it was not fastened as I was
still young enough to be considered still
"brain-damaged".

(BTW....
Guy tried to sue me AFTER his insurance
company paid off in full for car, medical
bills, etc. What a jerk! Guy's brain worked
as well as his eyes, obviously. He destroyed
my beautiful ww '61 MGA.......I wished
upon his crotch a thousand fleas.)

Many moons later I broadsided a station
wagon (yet, again..."if at first you don't
succeed...") whose driver ran a stop sign.
I was doing about 40 at the time. Seat belt/shoulder apparatti fastened this
time. Good thing, too. This one really hurt.

But, the front frame rails of my '72 "B"
took it all as I cut the wheel hard
right (going the other car's way) just prior to impact to once again,
ameliorate to the
extent possible the "90 degree sudden
stop" situation....... walked away, yet again. I was about 32 at the time.

Nothing since...(knock on wooden head:)

Cap'n Bob
 '60 :{)