WAS: Travel plans NOW: Pasteurized

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WAS: Travel plans NOW: Pasteurized
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:41:16 -0500
Now hold on there, David!

I'm an old world type myself-- alien, immigrant, "just diluting the gene
pool" type of naturalized American--  but the U.S. has the best bagels, the
best barbecue pulled pork, and the best bourbon in the world.  Tastes better
here than anywhere else.  Not adulterated, diluted, stripped of flavor, or
decontaminated.  Pizza seems particularly good here too. Bread?  Cold cut
meats?  Cheeses?   Pastries?   Kimshee?  I'd have to agree with you.  Hard
to find the real stuff in the land of cheap gas.

JohnD
Homebrewer and traveler

Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:42:49 EDT
From DLancer7676 at cs.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Travel Plans-Anything going on?

bmwwxman@gmail.com writes:
> Nothing English you can
> buy in this country tastes quite the same - that's why I have been
> a home brewer for nearly 35 years!

I have done a a bit of home brewing in my time as well.

I noticed that the Black Sheep didn't taste as good here as it does over
there.  Of course I am comparing hand pumped fresh draught beer with
bottled, and
now pasturized bottled.  I always thought it was the ambiance, but now I
know
it is the pasturization. Bummer!  Course nothing, I mean NOTHING, tastes as
good here as it does over there because everything over here is adulterated,

pasturized, diluted, stripped of flavor, whitened, and decontaminated.  Even
the
eggs are not the same COLOR!!   And EVERYTHING is richer and fuller tasting.

We Americans haven't a clue as to how to make bread, after tasiting European

bread.  8^)

- --David C.