RE: Glazing Compound

To: "Brent Wolf" <wolfbj@prodigy.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Glazing Compound
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:12:17 -0400
ther is  catalised glaze that is made by "evercoat" that is smooooth as
silk for doing the usual glazing operations.  it sets up darn quick and you
should not mix too much at a time for that reason!   there are positive and
negative sides with that stuff!   first it's awsome as a time saver as it
sets right up and you do not ned wait for it to cure / harden like standard
glazes or spot puttys.
the necgative side is that you had better be darn carefull with the
aplication of primer as it sucks up solvents like a sponge and if you
prime, and sand as soon as you suspect the primer is dry, you get a rather
unplesant suprise in 24 -48 hours as then it shrinks back causing a low
spot!   it is a huge time saver!  but you must be carefull with it.

chuck.