Re: American/English

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: American/English
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:20:27 -0500 with any abuse report
> And for my explanation . . . If I can possibly take two or more meanings
from a sentence or phrase, I will.

Yup, don't we all! Besides, in the context of the sculpture in question, it
would not be possible to make a comment without someone twisting your
meaning.

As far as the World Series is concerned, much as I hate defending anything
baseball-related, I have to point out that these are "states" involved here,
not "provinces". The original intent was that each state was an independent
country. It didn't work out that way very well, but they thought it would.
Didn't work very well for the USSR, either. Calling it the "World Series" is
still stupid. No offense to Canada, Robert.
David Lieb
1972 Midget