Re: American/English

Subject: Re: American/English
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:41:59 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Describing the United States vs. Great Britain, George Bernard Shaw said,
"Two countries separated by a common language".

I will never forget my first day in England in 1965. I ordered a pint
of beer in
a pub (December). The old fellow next to me turned and said, "Cor, mate!
It in' half cold eight!" From that moment on I knew I was in a foreign

Cheers!!
Jim - tucking in to his spotted dick and toad in the hole in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget