Re: Electric tach conversion

To: nase@ptd.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric tach conversion
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:25:54 EDT
I can only tell you what I know based on my installing a post 67' Midget tach
into my Mini.

The two spade connectors you referenced interupt the circuit which is made up
of the contact breaker wire running between the negative terminal of the
coil, and the dizzy. On mine I ran the RH bullet to the coil and the LH bullet
the dizzy, although I'm not sure if it matters which bullet runs to where.
Perhaps someone else can confirm that part.

In my case my tach contained two spade connectors. There was an insulated
spade connector near the bottom of the tach adjacent to the two bullet
connectors. That one ran to a switched 12V power source.The other spade
connector which
was directly attached to the center of the tach body, ran to ground.

I hope this helps, and I also hope someone else chimes in to confirm or deny
any of this, since it sounds like your tach is a bit different than mine.

Howard Collins
Va. Bch., Va.
60' AH Bugeye
69' Austin Cooper S